City Parks - Union
Facility Area Information
Denison, IA 51442
|324 North 17th Street
Denison, IA 51442
|2.3 acres. A neighborhood park with playground, equipment, shelter, restrooms, and basketball court.
Contact City Hall to rent the shelter by calling 263-3143.
|Shelter Rental Rules and Information
|Union Park’s shelter house fits approximately 25 people.
Shelter House Rules
Report any problems to City Hall by calling 263-3143, before the following morning and leave a message.
- Wipe off all tables and counters
- Sweep floors and clean up any spills
- Place all trash in proper receptacles
- No garage sale items are to be left in the parks or shelter house
- Check the rest rooms for messes
- Pick up any trash outside the building, and on the playground
- Turn out all lights, shut all of the windows, lock the doors, and return the keys to City Hall by the next business day after Noon (12 p.m.)
- No kegs are allowed
- No smoking in the facility
- City Ordinance does not allow for garage sale signs to be posted on any City or State sign posts, utility poles, within City Right-of-Way, or four-legged intersection signs.
SALE OF ALCOHOLIC beverages is prohibited.
NO ADMISSION may be charged at the door.
Rental Fee- $20.00
Please provide a check payable to the City of Denison. The rental fee and the damage/cleaning fee will be deposited. The damage/cleaning fee check will be reimbursed to you provided the Shelter House Rules are followed.
Damage/Cleaning Deposit Fee- $50.00
TO RENT: CONTACT CITY HALL BY CALLING 263-3143
Your rental ends at 10:30 p.m. and you need to have all of the clean up done and lights out by that time. City Hall accepts reservations at any time, however, reservations will not be held until the deposit is paid and the Shelter House Rental Policy is completed.
Please call City Hall in case of cancellation. The deposit will be refunded in full if the cancellation is more than 14 days prior to the event or the deposit fee will be forfeited.
VIOLATION OF THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN DENIAL OF FUTURE USAGE.
THE CITY OF DENISON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS.
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
There are no activities happening on the selected dates.