Denison Parks and Recreation
Skip to nav
Aquatic Center Rules
- FOR YOUR SAFETY, ENFORCE RULES WHICH ARE POSTED THROUGHOUT THE FACILITY!!!
- Children 6 years and under must be accompanied by someone 13 years or older AT ALL TIMES in and out of the water.
- A Word to Parents: Our lifeguards are highly trained and skilled. Their job is to assist in making our facilities a safe place to bring the family; however, they are not babysitter’s. Parents are expected to watch their children and to assist in enforcing the policies for the safety and enjoyment of all patrons. In addition, all children 6 years and under must be accompanied by a person 13 years of age or older, in and out of the water, and at arms length away from the child.
- A bathing suit must be worn to swim at this facility.
- Lifejackets or water wings are permitted, as long as the parent/guardian is in arms reach of the child and the parent/guardian can safely touch the bottom of the pool. Lifejackets or water wings are not allowed in the deep end.
- The children’s activity pool is for children ages 6 and under.
- Slide Rules: You must be 4’2” or able to swim the width of the plunge pool in order to go down the slides.
- To swim in the deep end of the pools, you must pass the deep end test with Lifeguard approval. Parents with a non-swimming child are not allowed in the deep water.
- Diapers: No Disposable Diapers allowed. You may wear the “LittleSwimmers.” “Little Swimmers” are available at the front desk for $1.00.
- No food or drink is allowed in the facility.
- Please do not carry others on their back in the water.
- From 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. weather permitting the indoor pool will be closed only to adults and Red Cross swimming lessons. (Summer only)
- Flotation Devices and Toys: Patrons may bring their own toys to enjoy at the pool. Floatation devices such as rafts may be used if they are small enough to hold ONLY ONE person. The staff reserve the right to clear the pool of all floatation devices when it inhibits their view and remove toys for the the safety of other patrons. Floation devices are allowed in the shallow end and 4-5 ft. area. Please note that hard balls and squirt guns are not allowed.
- ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
WORD TO PARENTS
- Our Lifeguards are highly trained and skilled. Their job is to assist in making our facilities a safe place to bring the family.; however, they are not babysitters. Parents are expected to watch their children and to assist in enforcing policies for the safety and enjoyment of all patrons. In addition, all children 6 years and under must be accompanied by a person 13 years of age or older. in and around the water.